Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault Eject/Reporting Issues?

2008-09-25 16:55:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault Eject/Reporting Issues?
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:30:10 -0500

Anyone having or had issues with Vault where it will not eject all the tapes it should, or list tapes on the report that should be ejected but were ejected a session or two ago and are still offsite? We're also seeing in 6.x where the Pick List for Vault (tapes that should be returning to the site) are either blank when they shouldn't be, or only contain tapes due back on the same day as when the session runs (it should be all tapes between this session and last that are due to return).

This is happening at mostly our 5.1 installs, but the Returning Tapes missing from the report is at 5.1 and 6.x. Everything I've looked at checks ok, but this is driving us crazy.
We have a case open, but I wondered if anyone has seen anything.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.