Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SUMMARY Can I backup multiple policies to the same tape drive

2008-09-25 13:43:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SUMMARY Can I backup multiple policies to the same tape drive
From: "Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy" <anepomn AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:25:59 -0400
Many thanks to those who replied.

Media multiplexing on the schedule level should be bumped up to
achieve the goal.

======= original post ==========
Dear Gurus,
Apologies for beginners question... This is NB 6.5.

I have found an old thread on this topic:
http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2006-July/087111.html

So, I set my storage Unit Properties:
- maximum concurrent write drives 2 (I only have 2 drives)
- enable multiplexing,  maximum streams per drive 10

Server properties :
- maximum jobs per client is 1 (I want multiplexing between the
clients not for the client)

On every policy :
- jobs per policy - do not limit
- allow multiple data streams

I am trying to get 4 different policies to run on 2 tape drives
simultaneously, but it is not happening...

Thank you,
Aleksandr