Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO-4

2008-09-24 20:31:05

What would be really great, would let the media names be site defined.

So you could name them lto4 or lto4hh or lto4hp or lto4ibm or …..

Another great idea would be to allow a site to choose the library names. So that instead of tld(0) for a library one could have a name such as borg or <robotname><virtualpart> or sun8500r1 or ibmts3500….

Then maybe the netbackup cli commands could take the robot name as a parameter and could look up the robot type, robot host etc.

Then maybe netbackup  could allow a site to define a drive as handling multiple tape formats. So an lto-4 could read/write lto-4’s and lto-3 tape carts and read lto-2 tape carts.

len