Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup Performance tuning in Ver 6.5

2008-09-22 14:00:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup Performance tuning in Ver 6.5
From: Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 01:34:37 +0800
Dear Justin,

Here is the info.

NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS = 32
SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS = 262144
NET_BUFFER_SZ (on client and master/media server)  = 262144

With Warm Regards
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Harpreet Singh Chana

Phone  :   (O) 6895 - 4326
Fax       :    (O) 6895 - 4991
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Notice
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient,  any disclosure,  copying or distribution of the message,  or
any action taken by you in reliance on it,  is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this message in error,  please delete it
and contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.

             Justin Piszcz
             <jpiszcz@lucidpix
             els.com>                                                   To
                                       Harpreet SINGH
             09/23/2008 12:56          <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>

                                       VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu,
                                       veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng DOT
aubu
                                       rn.edu
                                                                   Subject

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Harpreet SINGH wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am running on Ver 6.5 with Redhat Master/Media Server.
>
> I am not able to achieve more that 30mb/s through put from a Client
backup.
> It is doing big Oracle Data Files. File Size is from 2 gb to 10gb.
>
> I have 3nos of  LTO-2 Tape Library, Redhat 4 update 6 with 4gb Mem.
> Dedicated 1gb Network card.
>
> Clients are Redhat 5 with 32bit  and 64Bit with EMC CX700 SAN Storage
Raid
> 5 group.
>
> Please advise.

What do you have set for your NUM_DATA_BUFFERS and SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS?

Justin.

ForwardSourceID:NT00093F4A