Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media ID not unique in database (34)

2008-09-17 19:11:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media ID not unique in database (34)
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:57:12 -0500

My tape dude didn’t want to inventory new tapes into the library 54 at a time so he opened the door and inserted 200 tapes.  When I try to run an inventory now, I get “media ID not unique in database (34)”.    If I run a comparison, the robot inventory shows the new tapes but the Volume Configuration does not and so I see a “Mismatch – Yes”.  But if I try to update the volume configuration, that’s when I get the Status 34.  I’ve rebooted the library but the library already knows what’s in the library.  How do I get NetBackup updated?  This is a Windows environment running NBU 6.0 MP5.

Thanks

Randy