Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Agent Restore prob

2008-09-15 09:26:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Agent Restore prob
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: "dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net" <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:01:32 -0400
Good Morning Dave,

1) Yes they can do a simultaneous multiplex restore at the same time. The
streams just have to all start within the netbackup configuration time for this
function. That is netbackup holds the start for a small configured time and all
the multiplex channels that are going to run at the same time have to be set up
in that small configured time.

2) You did not report if this was a redirected restore this does require a
config change. See the Netbackup Oracle book. The one thing that we noticed was
that the book talks about setting up the config parms in the bp.conf file, but
our Oracle DBA's found that they had to be set up in the unix session
environment variables also.

3) To figure out the problem look at the Netbackup Oracle book for the Oracle
agent client debug logs to turn on. Most likely you will find the error in
those files. You might have to sit down with a dba and compare errors between
the Oracle and netbackup logs.

Good Luck len