Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] exclude list question

2008-09-10 10:14:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] exclude list question
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "POUSSARD, Gilles (APX SYNSTAR)" <gilles.poussard AT airbus DOT com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:55:35 -0500
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 7:16 AM, POUSSARD, Gilles (APX SYNSTAR) <gilles.poussard AT airbus DOT com> wrote:
For example, I want to backup a UNIX client by putting "/" in the Backup selection of the test policy.

Then, I want to be able to backup  the folders skeleton ( all folders and subfolders ) but without backing up their respective contents except one specific subfolder  /local/DATA/FTS/*/.Admin where I want to backup all its contents.

Include lists override exclude lists.  So your policy would have / in the backup selection, select cross mount points, and then create an exclude_list file on the client with / in it, and an include_list file with the specific folders that you want backed up.  This should be straightforward.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org