Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN Media Server Retirement

2008-09-09 18:17:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN Media Server Retirement
From: "Steve Bally" <Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:05:29 -0700

All,

I am retiring a set of SAN media servers and have followed the Media Manager guide, however the server is still in the configuration if you select media servers  from the Admin Console it is still in the list listed as a client.  This host is not listed in any backup policies, and is not listed as a host.  No media is associated with the server.

NBU Version 6.0 MP5

Master Server is Windows 2003 – NBU 6.0 MP5

Media Server is Windows 2000  - NBU 6.0 MP5

Do I need to run the following command to remove the media server from the inventory:

Nbemmcmd -deletehost <hostname> -machinetype media

If I perform a nbemmcmd –listhosts the server is still listed in the inventory as well

In the 5.1 and lower days all you had to do is remove and the library information, storage units and backup policies and restart the services and the host would fall out of the configuration.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in Advance

Steve