Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sun x4447 NIC performance

2008-09-09 12:32:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sun x4447 NIC performance
From: "Stafford, Geoff" <GStafford AT barclaycardus DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:20:22 -0400

Just wondering if anyone is using the Sun X4447A-Z quad port NICs?  Getting ready to order a couple to test in a T5220 and was wondering:

-          what kind of performance you are seeing with them

-          what kind of tweaking was done (Sun recommends some delayed ack changes from what I’ve read)

-          what config they are running in, 2 cards, 1 card…4 active, 3 active + 1 failover, etc

-          thoughts in general

These cards look pretty sweet….8 lane PCI-E, CPU offload (not that cpu is a problem on the T5220), etc.  We are in a position where 10Gb is a ways off and I think this will be a nice stopgap.

http://www.sun.com/products/networking/ethernet/sunx8quadgigethernet/specs.xml

Geoff Stafford

Barclaycard US

Data Protection Engineering

office:

mobile:

Barclays
www.barclaycardus.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity who is the intended recipient. Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender by replying to this message and delete this material from any system it may be on.