Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgradering to NBU 6.5.2 soon because of Windows 2008

2008-09-05 14:35:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgradering to NBU 6.5.2 soon because of Windows 2008
From: Jim H <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:20:29 -0400

> These aren't necessarily all issues.  There are a handful of issues for
> which there are fixes available *today*.

"Issues" that I would expect for a major or minor release (not a MP).

I would like to put my two cents worth in on this particular point. 6.5.2 may
be a double dot release, but it is not like the old MPs. MPs were maintenance
packs and were for the most part supposed to be for fixes.

6.5.2 has twenty advertised new features, and according to the release
announcement an additional 20 enhancements(features). You would never have
gotten 40 features in an MP.

Whether it is called a major release or not, it had the content and changes of
a major release. I know it had more features than the 5.1 release.

Is 6.5.2 perfect? No.
IS this going back to the bad old days of 6.0 MP1 2 and 3? IMHO no, this is
much better than that.