Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question on link aggregation

2008-09-04 08:15:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question on link aggregation
From: "Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:54:12 -0400
We have a cisco network with a 1gb backbone. At this point we are
hammering the network when we run backups. We have tried link
aggregation on the backbone and the nics on the master/media servers
with very poor results. A lot of failed jobs. We have tried this with
5.1, 6.0 and now 6.5 with equally bad results. Has anyone ever made this
work with cisco router/switches and w2k3r2 servers. Our servers are
using intel nics at the moment but we could switch to broadcom if
necessary. I have seen that some folks running sun have made this work.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.