Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Migration Problem / Question Please

2008-09-02 12:12:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Migration Problem / Question Please
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:46:29 -0500
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 7:25 AM, WEAVER, Simon (external) <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net> wrote:
Ideally it would only be for restores, but it would only be short term. When upgrading a Media Server, will the 6.5 setup still require a new license key for EACH media Server, or is it clever enough to know this is going to be an upgraded box?

Both.  You should get new license keys but you don't really need them on media servers.  On master servers, you will not get all of the functionality you're entitled to (BMR, client encryption) until you install updated license keys.  Play it safe and get all of the new license keys as soon as you can - the longer you wait, the harder it gets (spoken from experience here!)