Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Devices Populated But Device Monitor is Empty

2008-08-29 22:58:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Devices Populated But Device Monitor is Empty
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:43:55 -0500

If that grabbed your immediate attention you need to get out more.

Windows, 6.5.2a, single master/media and here’s my problem.

I attempt to open NetBackup and I get an error that says “This application has failed to start because NBCoreU.DLL was not found.  Reinstalling this application may fix the problem.”  And reinstalling does fix the problem if I allow the installation to launch NetBackup.  If I uncheck the launch box and close the installation window and THEN try to start NetBackup, I get the NBCoreU.DLL error again.

Under Devices, I can see everything, one robot and two drives.  But Device Monitor is blank and Device Manager service won’t start.  When I try to start the Device Manager I get “Could not start the NetBackup Device Manager service on Local Computer.  Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.”

Anyone awake tonight that might know how to fix that?

Thanks in advance,

Randy