Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] scheduled backups fail to launch

2008-08-28 18:59:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] scheduled backups fail to launch
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:47:33 -0500
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Randy Samora <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com> wrote:

If I create a new policy (and obviously a new schedule) the job will always run a Monthly backup first or a Weekly or whatever Full schedule you have that contains the longest retention.  If I do what you suggested below, is it going to try to run a Full backup? If so, it will still work but I'll wait until tomorrow when Friday's backups would be Full backups anyway.

Yup - like I said, your schedules will start over just like it was a new policy so you'll get fulls.

   .../Ed