Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Disc Staging Area Full

2008-08-27 19:45:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Disc Staging Area Full
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:34:38 -0500
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Crowey <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

Thanks everybody for helping out here - I've managed to clear up enough space.

And Ed, that script is awesome - a special thank you for that!

A related question though - here's an edited dump showing the three types of responses I got from running your script:

gandalf-backup_1219582879 destaged (copies=2)
gandalf-backup_1219615202 waiting (copies=1)
gandalf-backup_1219626004 not found in catalogue

Obviously, I can safely delete the last entry, but what does "destaged" and "waiting" refer to?

And "copies=2" means there's a copy on tape?

Yes, that means that there are 2 copies - one on disk and one on tape.  "waiting" means that you've done the backup to disk but there is no copy on tape.  That script was written to only look at DSSUs so the assumption is that all copies would eventually go to tape.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org

If I've helped you, please make a donation to my favorite charity at http://firstgiving.com/edwilts