Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Account to run wiith Netbackup 6.5.x

2008-08-16 19:49:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Account to run wiith Netbackup 6.5.x
From: jcode <jcode AT yahoo DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:36:54 -0700 (PDT)
We are getting ready to upgrade from NB 5.x to 6.5.1 running solaris 10 update
5. - The system is considered part of a SoX / Quality / HIPPA environment.

My question to the group - can Netbackup be installed and run outside the root
account?  Why you ask?  As I stated, the system is considered part of a SoX /
Quality / HIPPA environment and I would prefer to run this outside of root if
we can.  We do run CA E-trust Access Control for unix and can put rules and
policies in place but was wondering if anyone else has this run into this and
what if any issues they ran into.

I know we can build rules and such around Netbacukp commands via Access Control
that would allow me to su to root (or any other account) run the needed
commands.

Just asking as I am in the requirements gathering phase of the project and
looking to make sure i do due diligence in my effort.

thx in advance -

jc

jcode AT yahoo DOT com

"Never argue with an idiot, people watching may
not be able to tell the difference!" - dave boyne