Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Java console as of 6.5.2[A] can't list files under directories with & in their names.

2008-08-15 17:02:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Java console as of 6.5.2[A] can't list files under directories with & in their names.
From: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:50:04 -0400
I just ran into this:

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=21&thread.id=4
5178

It screams of a shell escape FAIL in the call out to bplist.

That bug is (unsurprisingly, given the specific fix for which it was
released) still present in 6.5.2A (I just checked on a test
environment).

Has anyone (else - mine's 281-403-815) opened a case about this and
gotten anywhere? (I've got ops folks who I'd really prefer could
continue to do restores through the Java interface so that I'm not
compelled to include a SERVER line for their worstations or pay for
extra RDP licenses...)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Unix/Linux/VMware Sysadmin / Backup & Recovery