Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What happened to NO_STANDALONE_UNLOAD / ltid -nsu?

2008-08-15 16:36:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What happened to NO_STANDALONE_UNLOAD / ltid -nsu?
From: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:23:40 -0400
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/193080.htm certainly doesn't
mention anything later than NetBackup 4.5 FP2... and neither method
listed there works under 6.5.2.

I don't think I've ever really cared before, but now that I'm playing
with LTO-4 drive encryption on a standalone drive it's REALLY
infuriating to have to go push the tape in every time a label, write to,
or read from a tape. (I guess I might care in a DR test too, come to
think of it.)

Is it still possible to do this through some other knob or switch
somewhere?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Unix/Linux/VMware Sysadmin / Backup & Recovery