Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Shared Stroage Options (SSO) with Vitual TapeLibrary (VTL)

2008-08-08 15:04:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Shared Stroage Options (SSO) with Vitual TapeLibrary (VTL)
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:49:27 -0400

Not all dedupe vendors dedupe the way you’re describing, but it is a common recommendation to turn off multiplexing.  (Only one or two vendors claim not to care.)

Curtis Preston | VP Data Protection
GlassHouse Technologies, Inc.

T: +1 760 710 2004 | C: +1 760 419 5838 | F: +1 760 710 2009
cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com | www.glasshouse.com