Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog DR Test

2008-08-08 01:41:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog DR Test
From: "Scott Jacobson" <SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, "Paul Esson" <Paul.Esson AT Redstor DOT com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 23:24:50 -0600
Paul,

I've been preparing via my stagging environment for our production DR rehearsal
later this month.

All I can tell everyone in this forum is practice practice practice your 6.5.1
DR procedures.

If you believe you can use your 5.x DR steps and/or procedures, you'll regret
it.

After a week of various RPO and TTR tests, I'm now only at the point where I'm
ready to start the
"change to primary" step in this process.

Scott

PS: DR ( post bpimport) Sidebar:

1. Look out for Master server properties / servers, with no servers being
listed after a successfully completed full recovery.
2. Watch out for Media servers that are "Active for Disk" only when they should
be "Active for Disk and Tape".
3. Even after a Master server recovery, and with media server(s) remaining
intact, you may find communication errors.

- For the above 3; (1) add them back manually, (2 & 3) nbemmcmd commands will
fix the problem

>>> "Esson, Paul" <Paul.Esson AT Redstor DOT com> 8/7/2008 4:24 PM >>>
Folks,

We have been testing NBU 6.5.2 prior to going live in a few weeks and
want to do a catalog recovery as a final tick in the box.

I was wondering how others had approach "simulating" a DR situation on
6.5.  I don't want to trash too much of the system but just do enough to
convince NetBackup that the catalog is bad.

Regards,

Paul Esson
Redstor Limited

Direct:               +44 (0) 1224 595381
Mobile:          +44 (0) 7766 906514
E-Mail:          paul.esson AT redstor DOT com
Web:            www.redstor.com

REDSTOR LIMITED
Torridon House
73-75 Regent Quay
Aberdeen
UK
AB11 5AR

Disclaimer:
The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and
is intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited
and may be unlawful.  Disclosure to any party other than the addressee,
whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or
confidentiality.