Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring from Multiplexed Backup

2008-08-01 08:41:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring from Multiplexed Backup
From: "Jeremy Finn" <jeremy.finn AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:25:34 -0400
Hello,

I have a standard backup policy configured to stream five mount points to one tape drive. This is working fine.

When I do the restore, I only see one stream restoring at a time. Is it possible to restore the five streams of data from the multiplexed tape at the same time?

Other backup softwarescan do this so I assume Netbackup can as well... if some could please point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

My environment looks like this:

Master: Solaris 10 on SPARC
Media Server: HP-UX on PA-RISC
Source Client: HP-UX on PA-RISC