Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.2a/6.5.3 update

2008-07-29 07:15:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.2a/6.5.3 update
From: "Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
To: "tim burlowski" <tim.burlowski AT gmail DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 06:58:08 -0400
Tim,

I thought I might add what I suspect is another "side effect" of 6.5.2a.
We have been running 652 with no problems except for the hot catalog
backup critical policy. Hot catalog works fine until you put in critical
policies.  However when we went to 6.5.2a our two media servers would
drop offline (literally, in devices/media servers) for no apparent
reason. This typically happened when the systems were loaded up with
jobs. Since 652a didn't do anything for us I have removed it. W2K3R2
master and media servers, i2K/lto4.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.