Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Non Cluster failover

2008-07-28 09:39:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Non Cluster failover
From: "Matthews, Gary (GSD UK Production Services business)" <gary.b.matthews AT logica DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:05:59 +0100

Hi,  As part of my first forays into NBU , as well as trying to get VCB working J I’m also trying to set up failover.  Trouble is for this system, our day-to-day  support team have specified they do not want  a clustered master. Not being  that experienced in NBU or AIX  it’s a nice big learning curve for me J  We’ll be running AIX and NBU 6.5  so I was thinking maybe  have /usr/openv  as it’s own LUN on the primary master  and a /usr/openv  LUN on the secondary . Install on the primary and install on the secondary . Then stop the services on the secondary , and set up a mirror from the primary, overwriting the secondary ( we’ll be using DS8K’s & metro-mirroring) then in a dr, remount the secondary  .  Would this work and what configs changes would be required eg  to get emmserver working etc  The set up will be two sites, AIX with a media server in both sites , and possibly a w2k3 media server  in both sites too , master at one and failover master at the other