Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NOM Setup

2008-07-24 00:58:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NOM Setup
From: Abhishek Dhingra1 <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
To: Nick Anderson <nickanderso AT yahoo.com DOT br>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:16:03 +0530

forgot to mention that , make sure to enter the SERVER = "NOM server name '" entry in the bp.conf of the master

Abhishek Dhingra

IBM Global Services, Delhi,
Email : abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com
Mobile : +91-9818675370

Nick Anderson <nickanderso AT yahoo.com DOT br>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

23/07/08 08:53 PM

Veritas List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] NOM Setup

Hi All,

I've just installed NOM here and it seems to be okay, but i cant add my master server on it.
Everytime I try to add a Master Server, it complains with the message below:

Server "DTSBKP" could not be located. Make sure the server is reachable on the network and NetBackup is running.

NOM server and NBU Master server are on different networks, but theres no firewall between them.
NOM server is listed in NBU Master's servers list.
I checked connection in both ways with ping, telnet on port 1556, traceroute, etc, and everything is okay, but it keeps telling me that it cant locate the Master Server.

Any tips?

Cheers,
Nick

Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com._______________________________________________