Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5.1 Catalog move

2008-07-22 14:18:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5.1 Catalog move
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Thomas D Pryde" <david.pryde AT abbott DOT com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:02:16 -0500
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Thomas D Pryde <david.pryde AT abbott DOT com> wrote:

Is it possible (has anyone done this) to take a  6.51 catalog and copy it to another drive (SAN drive) and then re-assign to a new server (hardware upgrade)?   What are the potential problems?     New hardware and upgrading OS from Win 2000 to Win 2003 SP2.

We've done it for Solaris but not Windows.  You basically do a fresh install on your new OS, do a hardware config so you can see all the drives, and then replace the catalog with the one you started with.

If your SAN architecture supports, I strongly suggest you clone or snapshot the volume first so you have a known good restore point (yeah, on this mailing list, we care about backups & recoveries :-)).

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE