Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Strange schedule problem

2008-07-17 11:11:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Strange schedule problem
From: "Clausen, Matt R [EQ]" <Matthew.R.Clausen AT Embarq DOT com>
To: "dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net" <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:47:17 -0500
I remember running into a problem when I was still running 6.0 (MP1 or 2 - been
awhile) where it would just stop doing scheduled jobs out of the blue. This was
a standalone master/media server, but in order to get it working again I had to
stop/start all the NetBackup processes. I ended up scheduling via cron a job to
do that just to keep the backups running until I could upgrade to NBU 6.5
(which didn't have this problem).