Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault Behaviour in NetBackup 6.0

2008-07-11 15:30:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault Behaviour in NetBackup 6.0
From: Mike Kiles <mikekiles AT yahoo DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:10:15 -0700 (PDT)
Situiation:

- Vault is configured to used a pool called VAULT, retention level 3
- I have 4 half-full tapes in VAULT pool, all tapes with retention level 3 and
they are all ACTIVE
- When vault is run, it grabs 1 tape from VAULT pool, when this tape becomes
full, then it grabs more tapes from SCRATCH pool and does not use the rest of
the tapes
- Is this normal vault behaviour?
- Can I force vault to use those half empty tapes first, before going for a new
tape from SCRATCH pool?

TIA