Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.2 and VCB 1.1 proxy on its own server

2008-07-07 05:16:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.2 and VCB 1.1 proxy on its own server
From: ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com
To: "Renee Carlisle" <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:30:52 +0530

I dont know why you need to format the disk in proxy server. We will just add the san disk attached to esx to the proxy server. No formatting is required.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratheesh R Das
M I N D S P E E D Technologies
Storage and Backup | 949-579-5000
ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com

"Renee Carlisle" <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

07/04/2008 02:18 AM

<VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.2 and VCB 1.1 proxy on its own server

Have you ever been able to run the vcb backups from NBU?  The only thing I
can think of is how did you format the disks on the backup proxy
server...did you use quick format or full format?  I know there is an issue
when you try and use the quick format option.

Reneé Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation