Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.2 and VCB 1.1 proxy on its own server

2008-07-03 12:38:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.2 and VCB 1.1 proxy on its own server
From: ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 21:51:50 +0530

Hi,

Ours is also the same environment except that we are having Netbackup 6.5.1. Our vmware proxy server is a client and not a media server due to some constraints. We also faced same problem. We are able to see that the server directory is created during backup, but it get deleted when backup fails with 156 error. Finally we changed the log in of Netbackup client in proxy server to the administrator account and the problem got solved.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratheesh R Das
M I N D S P E E D Technologies
Storage and Backup | 949-579-5000
ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com

dlokrantz <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

07/03/2008 07:04 PM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Netbackup 6.5.2 and VCB 1.1 proxy on its own server

I our test environment we are running 6.5.2 and have just installed a seperate server to be the VCB proxy server running VCB 1.1 with the 6.5.2 client and admin console installed. My Windows media server in W2K3SP2R2 as is the VCB proxy server OS.

When I run the vcbmounter from the proxy server it successfully finishes. When I kick off the job from Netbackup using a Flashbackup-Windows policy I'm getting a 156 error. I see the initial creation of the server directory and then I see it disappear when the job fails.

Is there anyone else attempting to use a seperate VCB proxy server? I know the recommendation is to have VCB installed on the media server for efficency which for me right now isn't a real concern.