Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone heard of 6.5.2a ?

2008-06-27 13:34:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone heard of 6.5.2a ?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: rascal <rascal1981 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:15:43 -0500
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:58 AM, rascal <rascal1981 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
We're waiting on 6.5.2a for the windows side of the house as we are experiencing a ton of issues with instability, errors and missing files during the restore process.

In an earlier note to this list, you stated that you were primarily an AIX shop.  Are you experiencing issues only on the Windows clients or the Unix side as well?

Have you received confirmation from Symantec that the issues you're seeing are due to bugs in 6.5.2 and are fixed in 6.5.2a?  So far, the only reference I've seen to 6.5.2a is that it apparently fixes a hot catalog backup issue which doesn't match what you're describing at all.

Thanks,
   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA