Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Two scsi paths for 2 different drives down in mixed status

2008-06-13 18:56:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Two scsi paths for 2 different drives down in mixed status
From: Jhende <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 18:38:59 -0400
We are running NB 6.5.1 on HP-UX 11.23 with one master server
and ten client/media servers (including the master server).
Our tape library is a HP ESL9326 with sixteeen physical drives

One of the clients has approx 20tb of data to be backed-up ,
these are broken into various backup policies.   Each backup policy may spawn
out 3000 seperate backup streams.

We find the backup streams for the large client will be queued-up waiting to
run with several tape drives available.  However two tape drives with two
different scsi paths are found down in mixed status for the large client.

The scsi paths that are down for these two drives are brought-up, they go into
active status.  Backup streams begin to run.

Has anyone else had this type of problem before?