Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Ad-hoc NDMP backups?

2008-06-12 16:29:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Ad-hoc NDMP backups?
From: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: jon-bousselot AT pacbell DOT net, "A Darren Dunham" <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:02:19 -0400
No need for the date cheat, just use a frequency schedule with no start
windows. (Maybe the GUI makes it unclear you can do that? It's simple
enough with bppolicynew/bpplsched[rep].)

That said, I think Darren's original question may touch on include
lists. Because (unless I'm ignorant of it) there's no such thing as a
UBAK schedule under NDMP policies, you can't arbitrarily define the
include list on the fly, so you do at least have to edit the includes,
but there's no reason not to leave the policy floating around for later
reuse. (I'm used to doing roughly that but for decom backups and cycling
the client list around.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Unix/Linux/VMware Sysadmin / Backup & Recovery