Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore from Data Domain using 3 selections

2008-06-09 20:47:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore from Data Domain using 3 selections
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 16:32:11 -0400

Well actually we do it from command line but I take your point.

I was pretty sure I could start separate restores to force it to do this but was wondering why it required that given that it didn’t before when it was three streams backed up so they had different backupIDs.

Unfortunately for this particular restore I’m having to do it over the public LAN because the server in question only has 1 interface.   I doubt having 3 streams going would save much time here.  On the one I’d done previously it was over a backup LAN using Gigabit Ethernet so 3 streams might have helped.

Surprisingly though this one isn’t going quite as slowly as prior tape restores over the network – I’d have thought the network would have been the bottleneck but this makes it appear it is somehow more cleanly transferring the files even across the LAN.