Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB Vault - Use alternate read server

2008-06-03 06:25:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB Vault - Use alternate read server
From: "Merritt Krakowitzer" <mkrakowitzer AT faritec DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:03:29 +0200
Hi guys, I hope you can assist.

I have 6 media servers that are attached to a VTL. I need to vault all
these images to one of the media servers that has 12 physical drives
attached. The problem with the vaulting at the moment is that it happens
over the network from the storage unit that owns the backup. All the VTL
drives have access to all the media. I want the vaulting to occur from a
dedicated media server just for vaulting.

The Vault manual states that I should use "Use alternate read server"
but I can not find in the admin and vault guides how to set this.

I can find: Alternate Client restores, Media Host Override and Alternate
media server names, non of which seem to be correct.

Any assistance on how to the ""Use alternate read server" option would
be much appreciated.

It is NB 6.5.1a on Windows 2003 32 bit.

Kind Regards
Merritt

DISCLAIMER:
This message may contain information which is confidential, private or
privileged in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or file which is
attached to this message. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter
return and/or destroy the original message.

Any views of this communication are those of the sender except where the sender
specifically states them to be those of Faritec (Holdings)  Limited (Faritec)
and/or  any of its subsidiaries including (but not limited to) Faritec
Enterprise Solutions (Proprietary) Limited, Faritec Strategic IT Services
(Proprietary) Limited, Faritec Contracting (Proprietary) Limited, Ebis and/or
any of its subsidiaries.

Please note that the recipient must scan this e-mail and any attached files for
viruses and the like. While we do everything possible to protect information
from viruses, Faritec accepts no liability of whatever nature for any loss,
liability, damage or expense resulting directly or indirectly from the access
and/or downloading of any files which are attached to this e-mail message.