Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate errors - read failed, socket write failed (24) and write failed, media read error (85)

2008-06-02 16:03:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate errors - read failed, socket write failed (24) and write failed, media read error (85)
From: "Chapa, David" <David.Chapa AT netapp DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:46:29 -0700
Wow 3.4?  Let's see if I can pull this out of my memory banks...

I don't necessarily think it is a problem with your TCP settings

I think there is a bp.conf entry that you need to change...

Disallow_server_file_writes

Are you duplicating to/from the same media server?  This needs to go in
the 'destination' media server's bp.conf file I believe.

Its been a long time since I saw this, but I'm fairly certain this was
the fix.  I was writing my own duplication scripts years ago and came
across this one.

David

David A. Chapa
Director, Backup and Recovery Solutions