Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] [Q] does Netbackup 6.5 support Redhat 3.X????

2008-06-02 09:04:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] [Q] does Netbackup 6.5 support Redhat 3.X????
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "bbb bb" <mccux1 AT hotmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 08:47:01 -0400

You can backup your 5.x client with your 6.5.x master.   We are doing it here with RHEL 3.

Actually 6.5 still has a (Intel/Linux) RedHat 2.4 kernel client and that will work since RHEL 3 is 2.4 kernel.  We just haven’t updated our client yet.  In fact you have to add compatibility libraries to your 2.6 systems to make this client software work there.