Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vmchange use for eject of tape from library

2008-05-29 10:40:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vmchange use for eject of tape from library
From: dy018 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:16:13 -0400
I'm still using NBU6.0, upgrading to 6.5.2 soon

So you command below
vmchange -e -sec 1 -res -m $MEDIAID -mt $TYPE -rt tld -rn $LIBR -rh
<MASTERSERVER> -v $GRP -rc1 $SLOT

You are ejecting one tape at a time i'm i right? If that is so, you need to do
a vmquery to find the mediaid slot no before you can eject the tape using
vmchange. If my CAP or MAP has only 16 slots and i have 30 tapes to eject, what
will happened? Will this command continue after you taken the first 16 tapes
out from the CAP? or you need to script your command based on the max number of
slot in your CAP? Thanks