Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Activity Monitor will not start

2008-05-28 12:07:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Activity Monitor will not start
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Baumann, Kevin" <kbaumann AT akamai DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:38:22 -0400

I’ve seen issues with the Java GUI (installed on XP) because at one point there were issues with a Java plugin that required me to add to the directory.   After upgrading to 6.0 I ended up needing to completely remove the old Java GUI using the Add/Remove software and THEN had to go manually delete the files and directories because for some reason it didn’t do this.  Once I did all that I installed the newer Java GUI and had no issues.

The jnbSA needs to open an X windows connection from the server to your XP workstation.  It can only do that if you are running an X Windows emulator such as Exceed (commercial software) or Xming (open source software) on XP and have started it.   Once you do that you then need to insure your DISPLAY variable on the server is pointing to your XP machine e.g. export DISPLAY=<yourXPhostname>:0.0  before attempt to start the tool.