Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Res: Upgrade 5.1MP7 6.5

2008-05-28 08:35:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Res: Upgrade 5.1MP7 6.5
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>, "Nick Anderson" <nickanderso AT yahoo.com DOT br>, "Mike Wigington" <redclay30253 AT yahoo DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:09:07 -0400

If all else fails?  I don’t work for Symantec so I have no reason to “blame the originator” rather than assume it is software.

My observations of others’ posts on the list as well as our own experience going 5.1 to 6.0 suggested that it doesn’t find zero errors on first run or even on second run.

The OP replied off list saying his setup is only 1 master and 7 clients and I replied to him saying I could see a small installation like that possibly not having any issues needing to be addressed but even then wouldn’t be so sure.

Are you suggesting that no one on the list makes mistakes so should never be prompted to investigate the possibility if their experience with a given tool seems atypical?