Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade 5.1MP7 6.5

2008-05-27 12:10:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade 5.1MP7 6.5
From: Nick Anderson <nickanderso AT yahoo.com DOT br>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 08:43:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

I've just upgraded NB 5.1 to 6.5 on a Windows 2k3 Master Server following the procedures described in Symantec Upgrade Portal.

After the upgrade process, everytime i try to start the Netbackup Enterprise Media Manager (nbemm) windows service, it stops after running for 5 seconds.

I can't even run nbpushdata -add on Master Server because de nbemm is down.

Windows Event Viewer shows the following error everytime i try to start nbemm:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    NetBackup Device Manager
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    0