Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Why HP LTO4 come with 2 FC port ?

2008-05-22 09:56:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Why HP LTO4 come with 2 FC port ?
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Dominik Pietrzykowski" <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>, "ssloh" <ssloh AT singnet.com DOT sg>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:26:29 -0400

Haven’t played with FC drives yet but it isn’t unusual in SAN environments to create redundant connections to devices.  Maybe they come with two ports to allow for that?

Not sure how you’d get your OS to understand two paths to the same drives though.   Since NBU can distinguish busy drives on media servers maybe it can do so for two paths to same drive on one server if in the same storage unit?