Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Configured Drive going down

2008-05-14 14:59:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Configured Drive going down
From: "Jackson, Todd" <c-todd.jackson AT invitrogen DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:35:02 -0400
All,

Can anyone tell me if having duplicate Target ID's can cause drive issues?

We have around 16 drives in a L700 Storage Tek library.
We have 7 media servers which two of them are new. One of the new drives added
has the same Target ID as an older drive when you view Media and Device management / Devices / Drives.

The issue is that the new drive keeps getting tapes stuck in the drive and going down.
Sun ran tests and the drives are good. Can only be Netbackup configuration or something wrong
with the HBA at this point.

Any ideas ?

thanks
Jackson