Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Best Practice: Location of the NetBackup Catalog

2008-05-14 10:16:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Best Practice: Location of the NetBackup Catalog
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>, "Dominik Pietrzykowski" <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:51:14 -0400

Simon,

It seems clear your own opinion is that RAID 5 on internal is the way to go even though everyone else that has posted has indicated they don’t see a problem with the SAN configuration seen in most large environments.   Ed even echoed my comments about the failure of an internal RAID 5 being more likely than SAN failure.   It’s not clear what else you expect to see in this thread.  If your opinion is different than everyone else’s then you own it and no one here is going to try to force you do it their way.  On the converse you’re not likely to convince us that your way is correct since both methods are simply opinions and most of the responders seem to have formed an opposite opinion to the one you’re expressing based on years of experience.

P.S.  I wish I was only 34…