Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to get capacity or type of tape media

2008-05-13 17:30:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to get capacity or type of tape media
From: "Kevin Miele" <kmiele01 AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 16:15:33 -0500
All,
I am trying to figure out how I can get the capacity or type of tape media from NetBackup. I don't see anywhere where I can get Raw Capacity of a tape, but see that bpmedialist does show density. The problem is that I am seeing hcart instead of DLT or LTO, etc.... I have also tried vmquery -a, but that doesn't show me enough detail.

Is there anyway to get the actual raw capacity or actual media type from NetBackup?
Thanks in advance.
-Kevin