Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to List Files in an Image

2008-05-12 13:43:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to List Files in an Image
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, "Kevin Miele" <kmiele01 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:21:45 -0400
To see which media / backup IDs etc... were used for a given policy:

bpimmedia -L -policy <policy name>  -d MM/DD/CCYY HH:MM:SS -e
MM/DD/CCYY HH:MM:SS

where -d = start time and -e = end time of the backup you're interested
in (you might need -client flag if this is not on your master but on a
media server).

To then see the files associated with a specific backup ID from above:
bpflist -backupid <backupid> -d MM/DD/CCYY HH:MM:SS -e MM/DD/CCYY
HH:MM:SS -rl 999

NOTE:  If client/media server is not the master then add "-client
<clientname>".

-rl = recursion level - less than 999 would work for most things (e.g.
/datbase/proddata01/file.dbf is only 3 levels deep so -rl 3 would
restore
that file.)

Not sure why bpflist required the date specification since you'd think
the backupid would have it but unfortunately it does.

Backupid is usually in the form hostname_##########  where hostname is
the host that did the backup and the number is unique for that backupid
on that host.