Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Emulex cards and RHEL5?

2008-05-09 16:30:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Emulex cards and RHEL5?
From: Andrew Stueve <andrew.stueve AT neovera DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 16:14:01 -0400
Originally, Qlogic was OEM for Sun, and we used them extensively.

Now, I am moving most of my stuff to Emulex.  Just works well, and most
vendors don't have a problem supporting them (EMC, 3Par).

I have a NBU system now, using RHEL4 that has one Qlogic and one Emulex
in it, both attached to the same Scalar 1000 tape library.  I didn't
really have any problems setting it up, and it has been running
flawlessly for the last two years.

-Andrew