Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] .free shrunk by 1024 bytes, padding with zeros

2008-05-09 08:52:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] .free shrunk by 1024 bytes, padding with zeros
From: dy018 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 08:35:13 -0400
Thanks for the info, but i think the example that you stated, the 10gb that
shrunk to 1gb, is this backup? or shld i say restorable?

Some one email me saying that the file that flag out this error might be
corrupted. I guess these error files in that backup image will not be
restorable.

But i'm trying to understand this.
I know before backup starts, NBU will compile the backup list.

Question, given the below filelist
/export1
/export2
/export3

I notice NBU will backup /export1 first followed by /export2 and so on,
does NBU take a snapshot of the file inside the directory one by one or as a
whole? Cos if the filesize change from 10GB to 1GB, it needs to compare the
actual file will the snapshot file. Correct me if i'm wrong