Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] (41) network connection timed out

2008-05-06 10:29:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] (41) network connection timed out
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Michael Schmarck" <michael.schmarck AT habmalnefrage DOT de>, "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 10:13:36 -0400
41 errors are a bit nebulous at times.  Often enough they don't really
indicate any problem with "networking" but rather with "finishing the
job across the network" which isn't quite the same thing.

We have one environment here that will give us a 41 error when we
attempt to backup the database on it while it is still running.   I've
also seen 41 errors on another system's incrementals even though it runs
every full backup without an issue.

Check your target and see if you can traverse the directories with
simple commands (ls for unix, dir for Windows cmd).  See if there are
any databases running that might prohibit the action you're attempting
(e.g. filesystem backup when the database is running).