Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How can I archive data offsite inexpensively?

2008-05-06 09:45:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How can I archive data offsite inexpensively?
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 09:28:31 -0400
Can you upgrade your tape drive?

9840 holds 75GB at $80 a tape - just about $1.07 per GB

My LTO3s here hold (on average) 600GB at $35 a tape at about $.06 per
GB.

Also - if you are archiving this you might want to consider two copies.
Nothing worse than trying to restore 8 year old data only to find out
your media went bad.

-Jonathan