Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] (41) network connection timed out

2008-05-01 11:18:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] (41) network connection timed out
From: "Michael Schmarck" <michael.schmarck AT habmalnefrage DOT de>
To: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 17:01:01 +0200
Hi.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:55 PM,  <ckstehman AT pepco DOT com> wrote:

> Have you verified your NIC settings from the client to the switch?  In our

No, I have not. But why should that be relevant? After all, backup works
just fine, if I backup to disk or when I backup to tape with a shorter delay
up front.

> environment the GigE are autonegotiate, 100MB are full Duplex no auto
> negotiate.
> A mismatch between the Cleint's NIC and the switch can cause problems.

But then I also should notice problems in normal operations, shouldn't
I (there's no seperate backup LAN)? And why don't I have problems,
when I backup to disk? The tape library is SCSI attached to the master
server.

Best regards,

Michael